On Saturday October 5 join us from 9 am to 4 pm, rain or shine, to learn about Western New York’s natural history, ecology, and resources through interactive exhibits and demonstrations in a family-friendly setting. Experience hands-on learning under the big tent from:
- Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Buffalo & Erie County Library Bookmobile fueled by the Hamburg Library Team
- Buffalo Geological Society
- Buffalo Museum of Science
- Buffalo Niagara Waterkeeper
- Cradle Beach, Inc.
- Explore & More: The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children’s Museum
- Nature’s Way Environmental (rock sampling drill demonstration)
- Past & Present Fossil and Rock Shop
- Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve
- Stone Industry Research
- StratResources Geologic Consulting
- SUNY Buffalo Geology Department
Thanks to the generous support of Erie County and our sponsors, Earth Science Day is FREE to ALL. All ages welcome. This event is accessible to those with mobility impairments and we recommend the use of a reach tool for fossil collecting.
In the spirit of reducing plastic waste, our first 500 Earth Science Day guests will receive a complimentary reusable fossil collecting bag. Additionally, complimentary fossil collecting trowels will be available to all guests during the event.
Special thanks to WIVB News 4 Buffalo and the Buffalo Association of Professional Geologists for supporting Erie County Earth Science Day.
Teachers: Download our Earth Science Day Flyer or contact us in advance to schedule your group. There is no charge for unguided group tours on Earth Science Day but we request advance notice to help with our parking planning. Guided group tours are available at our usual rates.
This FREE event is made possible by Erie County, Town of Hamburg, and Ronald McDonald House Charities of WNY. Donations are welcome through the day of the event and will support Penn Dixie’s community education efforts.