Plan an unforgettable fossil collecting party at Penn Dixie! Parties are led by trained staff who facilitate the experience and do all the setup and cleanup. Parties comprise 1) one hour of refreshments in our party area and 2) a guided fossil collecting expedition. Guests take home any fossils they collect. Complete the form below to start your birthday adventure!
Dates/Times: Available daily (Sunday to Saturday). Only one booking time is available each day: 11 am – 1 pm.
|Packages||Tier 1 (Up to 15 Children)||Tier 2 (Up to 30 Children)|
|Golden Trilobite||Not Available||Not Available|
|Horn Coral||$145||Not Available|
Horn Coral: Includes guided fossil collecting expedition, site access for all children, and special gift for the birthday boy or girl. You supply the rest!
Brachiopod: Horn Coral Package plus fossil collecting boxes and Penn Dixie-themed party favors for all children.
Golden Trilobite: Brachiopod Package plus pizza and pop for all children. We also include plates, napkins, and tablecloths. If desired: telescope available for sunspot viewing, weather permitting. Not available in 2021.
A $50 deposit is required upon booking. Penn Dixie members receive a 15% discount on all birthday parties. Prices listed do not include sales tax (8.75%).
Pandemic Policies: To ensure the safety of your guests and our employees, several new safety measures are in place for parties in 2021. These include:
- Parties are limited to 15 children with a maximum party size of 30 people. Sorry — we are not able to accommodate larger groups.
- All participants ages 3 & up must wear face coverings AT ALL TIMES — including when fossil hunting — except when eating or drinking.
- All food must be individually wrapped and sourced from a licensed and inspected merchant such as a restaurant which provides boxed lunches.
- Desserts must be portioned individually so that the birthday celebrant does not blow germs onto community food. In other words, cupcakes and brownies are ideal. Individual servings of snacks and side dishes must be used in place of large bags which are shared. Sheet cakes, veggie trays, and fruit salads will be confiscated and given to staff. 🙂
- The individual(s) serving food must sanitize hands and wear gloves during food service.
- All participants are encouraged to sanitize hands frequently and maintain social distancing while engaged in the party and fossil dig.
- Guests feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of any illness consistent with Covid-19 must not attend the party.
- All participants will agree to 1) Contact tracing; 2) Answering a short questionnaire; and 3) Signing an acknowledgement statement.
- Sanitized digging tools (buckets, trowels) are provided by Penn Dixie or guests may bring their own.
- Protective safety gear (masks, gloves) are provided by Penn Dixie.
- Credit card is the only payment we will accept for a party.
- Guests who do not follow these rules will be asked to leave without refund.