On Saturday, October 1st, join us from 10 am – 3 pm, rain or shine, to learn about Western New York’s natural history, ecology, and resources through interactive exhibits and demonstrations in a family-friendly setting. Experience hands-on learning under the big tent!
2022’s special guests include:
- Buffalo Association of Professional Geologists
- Buffalo Astronomical Association
- Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Buffalo Geological Society
- Buffalo Zoo
- CEPA Gallery
- Erie County 4-H
- Explore & More: The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children’s Museum
- Graycliff Conservancy
- Hamburg Public Library
- Past & Present Fossil and Rock Shop
- Buffalo Museum of Science & Tifft Nature Preserve
- Reinstein Woods
- WNY PRISM
- And Buffalo’s Best Food Truck from 11 am – 1 pm
There will also be a special Memory Quest activity on Earth Science Day! Teams of two or more must search around the park to answer questions and collect tokens to solve a puzzle. A keen ear and a sharp memory will help your team to the grand prize!
Thanks to the generous support of Erie County and the Buffalo Association of Professional Geologists, Earth Science Day is FREE to ALL – no registration or tickets are required. All ages are welcome. This event is accessible to those with mobility impairments and we recommend the use of a reach tool for fossil collecting.
Complimentary fossil collecting trowels will be available to all guests during the event.
Teachers: Please contact us in advance to schedule your group. There is no charge for unguided group tours on Earth Science Day but we request advance notice to help with our parking planning. Guided group tours are available at our usual rates.