Penn Dixie is open daily from 9 am to 4:30 pm through September 6. We return to weekends-only until October 17. Penn Dixie has normal hours on Independence Day (July 4) and Labor Day (September 6). Each day, the first tour departs at 9:15 am and the final tour departs at 2:45 pm. There is no entry after 2:45 pm. The park is open rain or shine — see below for our lightning policy.
|Adults||Seniors 62+||Military||Students||Children 3-17||Members|
Reservations are recommended for nonmembers. We do not charge for children under age 3. Senior, military, and student discounts offered with valid ID. Veterans with a valid Erie County ‘Thank A Vet’ Discount Program card may Contact Us for free admission. Please see our Cancellation and Refund Policy. We accept cash and credit/debit cards on site. Got a coupon? Contact Us for your discount code.
For your safety, all guests must adhere to our pandemic policies:
- Masks are recommended for unvaccinated guests and children in high traffic areas such as check-in and on tours.
- Masks are optional for all vaccinated patrons.
- Patrons feeling ill or recently diagnosed with COVID-19 should not attend. Unvaccinated patrons are at risk for contracting the virus and, particularly when traveling, should monitor themselves for flu-like symptoms.
- Reservations are recommended, but not required. Patrons arriving without reservations may be subject to a 30-minute wait for the next available tour time.
- Face coverings are optional for vaccinated employees.
Private Tours: Want your own guide? We offer Private Expeditions for a more intimate fossil hunting experience for your family. Private Expeditions are available on any day of the week, even when we are closed to the public. Advance booking is required.
Healthcare Heroes: Your private tour is on us! Check out our terms and policies and let us know when you’d like to visit.
New to Penn Dixie? Please see our Frequent Questions.
Lightning Policy: Though Penn Dixie is open on rainy days, we reserve the right to close due to lightning. We follow the National Lightning Safety Institute guidelines for outdoor sporting events. Should lightning be observed within a 5-10 mile radius, staff will close the site for a minimum of 30 minutes.