Attention teachers, activities directors, program coordinators, scout leaders, and more! Are you looking for some fossil fun during the colder months? Let us bring Penn Dixie to you with our newest outreach program, Dig In!
Participants become paleontologists as they dig through material from Penn Dixie and learn about Buffalo’s prehistoric past! During this outreach program, a Penn Dixie educator facilitates the hands-on exploration of WNY’s ancient environment while discussing the animals that lived in our area 380 million years ago during the Devonian Period. Participants will also learn the fundamentals of fossils and fossilization.
Dig In can be catered to explorers of all ages and abilities, but is recommended for ages 5+.
After the program is over, you keep the reusable dig boxes full of rocks and fossils, along with teaching materials, so that you can recreate the fossil fun for years to come!
Dig In can be booked for up to 32 participants at a time. If your group size is larger than 32 people, you will need to book an additional program(s). One dig box is suitable for up to four people. Dig box dimensions: 5 inches high, 8.25 inches wide, 13.5 inches long.
- For groups of 16 participants or less: $200 (Plus mileage)
- For groups of 17 – 32 participants: $250 (Plus mileage)
- For evening programs with a start time of 5 pm or later, an additional $25 charge will be added.
- 1 hour program with a Penn Dixie educator
- Reusable dig boxes (with shale and fossils)
- Replacement fossils
- “Free Child Admission with Purchase of Adult Admission” coupons (optional)
- All of the teaching materials needed so that you can recreate Dig In again and again!
Use the form below to request this program! You can also call 716-627-4560, with questions or to book.