Location: Hamburg, NY
Status: Full-time, Exempt, 35-40 hours/week
Start Date: January 20, 2020
We seek an energetic and friendly Engagement Officer to lead fundraising and community engagement efforts. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email inquiries only; no calls, please.
Duties: The Engagement Officer is a full-time professional staff member supporting a variety of activities, but focusing on development. These initiatives include capital campaigns, member and external relations, and community education. The Officer works closely with staff and board to promote the organization.
- Research, plan, and execute strategies for organizational growth
- Direct overall fundraising and engagement efforts
- Collaborate with educational staff, supervise and coordinate where needed
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals
- Attend business and government functions
- Participate in relevant professional groups and societies
- Schedule and lead special events and interpretive tours for VIPs and other guests
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- BS or BA in Business/Finance, Marketing, Communications, Education or a relevant field along with interest in science education; OR Similar work experience leading fundraising efforts involving communication, marketing, business/finance with degree in science or other field
- Energetic and friendly with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel); mail merge knowledge preferred
- Professional demeanor with appreciation for diverse viewpoints and attention to detail
- Access to a vehicle and a safe driving record for reimbursed travel to off-site programs
- Must embrace the Penn Dixie mission
- Spring/summer/fall: Office work, indoors events (75%) and outdoors setting (25%)
- Winter: Office work, meetings, indoors events (100%)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, and bending with occasional lift of light (20 lbs) loads
- Salary and benefits (Health insurance, health savings account) totaling $32-35k
- Paid holidays, sick days, and vacation based on experience and qualifications
Location: Hamburg, NY
Compensation/Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Seasonal
Start Date: April 2020
Penn Dixie Fossil Park & Natural Reserve is a top-ranked destination for science enthusiasts of all ages. With a mission of hands-on science education, we encourage our visitors to learn about the natural world in an outdoors setting. Our programs emphasize natural history — including geology and paleontology, ecology, astronomy, local history, and other STEM fields. We serve 18,000 guests annually, including many who travel across the country to dig our fossils and explore our park.
What you’ll be doing:
The Educator is the initial contact between Penn Dixie and guests and is responsible for tours, educating guests, admissions and retail transactions. The ideal candidate is driven to provide an outstanding learning experience for visitors of all abilities and backgrounds. Educators are expected to be friendly, helpful, and consistently maintain a positive attitude while working outdoors!
What you’ll need:
A strong interest and desire for science education and being able to speak with visitors of all ages. Group sizes vary and seek your knowledge and expertise. You’ll need to be flexible and attentive to your work schedule, have exceptional customer service skills and very hands-on.
You will also need to be prepared to work primarily outdoors, able to stand for long periods of time and frequent bending/stooping. CPR/First Aid certification required of all staff within 30 days of hire.
Ready to get started?
Please send cover letter/email, resume, and names of three references via email to: Dr. Holly Schreiber, Director of Education — firstname.lastname@example.org