Monday October 10, 2016 – 11 am to 5 pm
In honor of Erie County’s men and women of service, Penn Dixie welcomes all first responders for a day of hands-on science fun at no charge.
The Penn Dixie Site will not be open to the public on this day — Columbus Day — and our special guests will be able to collect our famous fossils and view sunspots through telescopes during the program.
Our program will commence with a flag ceremony at 11 am. Anderson’s food truck will be on hand to vend its lunch menu. Guests may arrive and depart at any time and First Responder Appreciation will take place rain or shine.
Members of the following groups are invited:
- Fire and rescue first responders
- Emergency medical services employees (EMT/EMS)
- Municipal and county police and sheriffs officers
- Highway patrol officers
- Corrections officers
- State and federal law enforcement officers
- Fish and wildlife field officers
- U.S. Forest Service rangers
- National Park Service personnel
- Homeland Security agents
- Environmental Protection law enforcement officers
First responders are welcome to bring their families at no additional charge, though donations of any amount will be most welcome. Visitors are encouraged to dress for the weather, bring a hammer and bucket/bag for collecting fossils, and read our frequently asked questions guide.
We acknowledge the financial support of the County of Erie, Town of Hamburg, and Hamburg Gaming to facilitate our programming.